Newport Beach is filled with miles of sandy beaches, the largest small craft yacht harbor in the United States, championship golf courses and a variety of aquatic recreational activities, from kayaking in the Newport Back Bay to relaxing on a chartered harbor cruise.
Balboa Penninsula, a small community nestled inside Newport Harbor, features coastal cottages, quaint shops, and ice cream stands. Pennisula Park ishome to Balboa Pier and Balboa Pavillion, a historical landmark with a restaurant and ballroom and ferry service to Catalina Island.
This sophisticated beach city also offers upscale shopping at Fashion Island, as well as a diverse menu of over 300 award-winning restaurants.
Fun Facts about Newport Beach
- Zoned for Fun: The Balboa Fun Zone on Newport Harbor has been a place to get your kicks since 1936. Take a ride on the Ferris wheel overlooking the water for a bird’s-eye view of this picture-perfect location.
- The Wedge, located at the end of Balboa Penninsula, is known as one of the toughest bodysurfing spots in the United States. In fact, it was said to have ruined the football career of a young John Wayne in the 1920s when he sustained a shoulder injury while bodysurfing.
Where to Stay in Newport Beach
- Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
- The Island Hotel Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort and Marina
- Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach
- Radisson Hotel Newport Beach