This seaside community was discovered by a group of landscape painters in the 1920s and quickly became a destination of choice for the artistically inclined. With posh hillside mansions, trendy shopping areas and a rugged coastline of cliffs leading to secluded sandy beaches, it's a great place to discover hidden gems and relax in a low-key setting.
Each summer, Laguna Canyon hosts the famous Pageant of the Masters tableaux vivant (living pictures), the Festival of Arts, the Sawdust Art Festival and the Art-a-Fair Festival. Other creative treats include the Laguna Dance Festival in October and the monthly First Thursdays Art Walk.
Laguna is the perfect location to explore on foot. Boutiques, art galleries and sidewalk cafés line the downtown streets. Historic Main Beach features a vintage lifeguard tower overlooking an idyllic shore with volleyball nets, basketball courts and a meandering boardwalk.
Did You Know...
- You can find a hidden fairytale turret at Laguna’s Victoria Beach.
- The MTV reality show "Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County" was filmed here.
Where to Stay in Laguna Beach
- Capri Laguna Boutique Hotel
- The Hotel La Casa del Camino
- Pacific Edge Hotel
- Montage Laguna Beach
- Surf & Sand Resort
Laguna Beach Attractions, Restaurants and More
- Festival of Arts/Pageant of the Masters
- Sawdust Art Festival
- Laguna Art Museum
- Beach Tour with Anaheim Tour Company
- Las Brisas - Seafoods of Mexico
- Mozambique Steakhouse
- k'ya Bistro Bar
- Alessa Laguna
- Watermarc Restaurant
- Cafe Zoolu
- Ristorante Rumari
- Nick's Laguna Beach
- Eva's - A Caribbean Kitchen
- Three Seventy Common
- Experience the beautiful California Riviera on a half day tour through paradise. Offering five tours: two wildlife and beach ecotours/nature tours, a beach coastal and shopping tour, an Orange County tour including the Mission San Juan Capistrano, and an art tour with optional wine tasting. Light walking with transportation included. Custom tours and group tours available. Visit www.toursorangecounty.com for more information.