Position Title: Social Media Specialist
Position Reports To: Director, Communications
Date: September 2017
Visit Anaheim’s mission is to develop, market and sell Anaheim to benefit the economic vitality of our communities.
As a Social Media Specialist, you’ll help develop Visit Anaheim’s social/digital strategy and content development targeting leisure and business travelers to this top SoCal destination. Your passion for everything social plus your entrepreneurial spirit will help drive Visit Anaheim’s social reputation and impact.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Social Media Specialist is charged with maintaining Visit Anaheim’s brand voice across all Visit Anaheim social media channels while developing/incorporating innovative methods to grow the brand’s presence. The Social Media Specialist will work with the Communications team to ensure that Visit Anaheim’s story will be consistently told through all company channels.
- Lead/manage day-to-day social and digital deliverables, including content creation, social initiatives, message creation, etc.
- Identify, cultivate, and manage high-level relationships with bloggers, industry experts and influencers to increase brand awareness + engagement.
- Maintain ongoing engagement across all social channels, interacting with business and leisure travelers.
- Create strategic content for multi-platform storytelling, present a point of view across digital and social channels.
- Support social media advertising campaigns to align with major destination events and initiatives.
- Work with the greater destination community and organization’s partners to promote local and regional businesses.
- Measure and report on the impact of communications against overall business objectives.
- Incorporate social strategies into larger integrated marketing and sales business + leisure travel programs.
- Analyze social media tools to identify trends, assess data, create insights, establish future key messages and provide value to clients + manage third party platforms.
- Drive ideation and new methods of social media execution to keep team one-step ahead.
- Support/drive thought leadership opportunities and consistently communicate unique point of view across all channels.
- Ability to demonstrate success in developing social strategies and their overall impact to the business’ success.
- 3-5 years social media experience at an agency and/or in-house/marketing team.
- Ability to demonstrate social media execution (community management, strategy and content development, blog outreach) across all platforms and communication channels, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
- Excellent writing skills, especially in creating and managing social channel content.
- Passionate about social media and speaking on behalf of a brand; Develop and curate brand personality.
- Thirst to mine and consume information and provide quick counsel on editorial/response recommendations.
- Experience with social media monitoring tools.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work week may exceed 37 ½ hours and not be limited to traditional work days Monday- Friday. Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.